Prayer to Rely on the Lord and Not My Own Vision, Knowledge and Understanding

 Heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of knowing You and Your Son and Your Holy Spirit and also of knowing that I can always trust You and depend on You.

Please keep me from trying to see and know and understand all the many cups in my life according to my own understanding.  I know I can't see anything as it truly is because my human eyes are so faulty and easily deceived and fooled by Satan, other people, and my own heart.

Instead, help me and remind me to always look to You first and to depend on You to show me Your Son -- the Way, the Truth and the Life -- in every situation and to rely on Him. Help me to wait until You reveal to me that a cup which seems half full or full to me is actually empty, and when a cup that seems empty to me is actually actually full or half-full. And remind me when I dwell on a cup being half-empty that it's also half-full, and vice versa.  

I pray also that I remember each day that with You, my cup of blessing is always overflowing, and my problems in the natural sense are challenges and opportunities in the spiritual sense and will all work together for my good and the good of the church.

In Jesus' name I pray, 

Amen.


-- Erika Schwibs 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happiness

By Erika Schwibs God created us to be happy. But that means living closely with Him, and on His terms, in neverending perfect harmony -- wha...